Forster Visitor Information
Welcome to Forster!
Forster is a coastal town in New South Wales, Australia. It is located approximately 308 km north of Sydney and 165 km south of Coffs Harbour. The town is a popular tourist destination offering beaches, water activities, parks, and natural attractions.
Things to Do
Forster is known for its water activities, beaches, and natural attractions. Here are some things to do during your visit:
- Swim, surf, or sunbathe at one of Forster's beaches, such as Main Beach, Pebbly Beach or One Mile Beach.
- Take a dolphin or whale watching tour with Amaroo Cruises or Forster Tuncurry Whale Watching.
- Visit Wallis Lake, a large saltwater lake popular for fishing, boating, and water sports.
- Walk or cycle the scenic Cape Hawke Coastal Trail, which offers stunning views of the coast and hinterland.
- Explore Booti Booti National Park, which features walking trails, picnic areas, and stunning views of the coastline.
Forster offers a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets and preferences. Some popular options include:
- Forster Motor Inn
- Lakeview Apartments
- Tuncurry Beach Motel
- Discovery Parks – Forster
Forster is home to a variety of restaurants and cafes offering a range of cuisines. Some popular options include:
- Beach Bums Café & Takeaway
- Hamilton’s Oyster Bar & Grill
- Spice Monkey
- Bella Bellissimo
Forster is easily accessible by car, with a drive from Sydney taking approximately 4 hours. The town is also serviced by bus and train, with connections available from Newcastle and Sydney.
For more information on Forster and the surrounding area, visit the Visit NSW website.